AJAX ENGINEERING PRIVATE LIMITED
AJAX Engineering Private Limited (“AJAX”) Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) comprises self-regulatory
measures inducted and integrated in the business strategy of the organisation for
the common benefit of the societies and the communities in which it operates. The
Company conducts its business in a socially responsible and ethical manner. This
Policy lays down the mechanism for undertaking socially beneficial programmes for
sustainable development of the community at large.
Internal CSR activities of the Company focuses on creating and adding economic,
social environment value to the society. Through its internal CSR activities the
Company intends create value by supplying innovative products and services for
maximum customer satisfaction.
The Company has always:
- Focussed on Health and safety of its people.
- Aim to satisfy its customer’s stated and implied needs by offering products,
services and solutions that meet global standards of quality and technological
- Committed to the safekeeping of the environment wherever it operates through
anticipating and evaluating the impact of its operations at every stage and
continually review and improve the Environmental Performance.
- Focussed on Governance in its letter and spirit
Composition of CSR Committee:
The members of CSR Committee shall comprise of three directors to be nominated
by the Board of Directors (“Board”). The Committee will meet once in a year or time
to time as deemed necessary to monitor the CSR Policy and recommend the CSR
activities to be undertaken along with the amount of expenditure to be incurred on
CSR activities. Quorum of two members is required to be present for the proceedings to take place.
- Mr. K Vijay
- Mr. Jacob Jiten John
- Mr. Jagadish Adde Bhat
- Mr. Parin Nalin Mehtad
The CSR activities needs to be carried out in India, preference shall be given to local
areas and around where Ajax has its operations.
Estimated Expenditure for CSR Activities during the year:
The CSR activities could be undertaken out of a part of net profit. The yearly
qualifying expenditure should not be less than two percent of Average Net profit of
the Company for last three financial years.
However if the company is not able to spend such amount towards CSR, the board
shall in its report, specify the reasons for not spending the amount.
List of CSR projects or programs recommended:
As per Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013:
1. Health care and welfare activities
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting health care
including preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe
drinking water including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh and making
available safe drinking water;
2. Education sector and sustainable livelihood
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing
vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently
abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
3. Women and Child development and rehabilitation of disabled persons
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels
for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such
other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced
by socially and economically backward groups;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their
4. Protection and safeguard of Environment
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora
and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources
and maintaining quality of soil, air and water including contribution to the
Clean Ganga Fund setup by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river
5. Social and Cultural Development
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of
buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public
libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic
sports and Olympic sports;
6. Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund
set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief
and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward
classes, minorities and women;
7. Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within
academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government.
8. Rural development projects
9. Slum area developments
10.Disaster Management including relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction
CSR Implementation and Schedule for implementation:
CSR Projects or activities shall be implemented by the specialized agencies and/or
by various work-centres of the Company and/or by a duly constituted trust set up
by the company as may be decided by the CSR Committee or Board from time to
time. Further, the activities planned for the year may also identify the period/time
frame in which these are likely to be taken up and will be completed etc. and further,
for carrying the CSR project/activities in a particular year estimated outlay for that
year may also be prepared.
Preparation and Submission of Report:
The detailed working on implementation of project/activities will be prepared by the
Committee on timely basis. The Committee may further add its remark and
recommendations to its report. The Report may include deviations, if any from the
planned project along with the reasons.
Review and Modifications:
The Board shall have power to modify the Policy.